Monday, November 10, 2008

Weekend!

This weekend I finally got to visit JMU again.  Even though it was loads of fun, I realized that I'm kind of glad that I'm done with the college thing.

Highlights:

- formal afternoon tea with Courtney at Mrs. Hardesty's Tea Room!  We had been wanting to do that for all of last year and we finally made it.  It was soo delicious.  And we managed to eat everything.  There were so many sandwich choices, cinnamon and chocolate chip scones (with clotted cream!), and seven different types of sweets.  It was everything I could have hoped it to be.

- DG semiformal!  It was great seeing all the girls again, especially my littles and grandlittle.  And I got tons of compliments on my dress, which is always fun. :)  It was really weird too, because I felt like I had never left, yet there were so many people I didn't know.

- breakfast at Sheetz.  Sunday morning was also delish, getting a breakfast sandwich and hash browns from Sheetz with Courtney, coming back to her house, and watching Bridget Jones's Diary.  That pretty much is the ideal circumstance.

Going back actually reenergized me in my job search.  I got three resumes out last night, so hopefully I'll get at least one interview out of them.  I had started feeling complacent in my B&N job, which I do have fun at, but I know at the same time, that I need to look for something else.  I also feel more ready to grow up.  We'll see how long that lasts. :)

1 comment:

OhMyHeart said...

Agreed agreed! So over with.

Well, actually, the people I connected with and who are still there (like your littles and g-little, or my roommies) I love to see again. But the whole 'scene' or seeing people that were vaguely acquaintances just feels icky.