Saturday, October 18, 2008

In-Store Playlist

I feel like such a B&N dork.  My current favorite playlist on iTunes to listen to while writing?  My Leona Lewis/Carla Bruni list, both of whom came from the B&N in-store music.

Leona has an amazing voice and her songs are catchy.  They also lean more towards the ballad/moderate speed, so I'm not encouraged to jump up and dance around.  Plus she's British, which always puts someone ahead in my POV.

Carla is the new wife of the French president, Nicolas Sarkozy, but before that, she was a singer/songwriter.  Her newest album definitely reflects her new love, with songs like "La Amoureuse," and there's such a cute, folksy French sound to it.

Both albums are quite relaxing and again, not distracting, which is probably the point of a bookstore's music playlist anyway.

No comments: