Sunday, October 12, 2008

Do you have to have a kid to get published?

This is a genuine (okay, partly sarcastic) question I've been asking myself lately.

I've taken to reading a lot of author blogs recently, particularly ones by writers who are about to get their first books published in the upcoming year or two.  The trend that I've noticed?  They all seem to have a child under two!

As someone who believes that step is about ten years away from her, I seriously hope that this isn't the case.

I really don't see how it happens.  From what I understand, babies are a lot of work.  So when would a new mother even have the time to write a 50K word novel?

This is all kind of random nonsense, but I really hope that I get published before I have children.  And before I get married.  Then I can keep my last name on the cover. :)

2 comments:

OhMyHeart said...

You, my beautiful blogger/writer/future novelist need to go here and jump on the bandwagon early and be a trendsetter ;)

http://www.addsyou.com/

ps: i found this via my followers on Twitter too. mmhmm.

missfine said...

Believe me - no kids required. :)