Saturday, December 6, 2008

"I'm just a little bit caught in the middle"

I'm not really, but Lenka's "The Show" is such a cute song!  Luckily, it's on the B&N store playlist this month and I get to listen to at work and unashamedly bop along.  And I have half the boys who work in the music department wrapped around my little finger, so whenever I'm working, they play it. :)  Just a little harmless flirting, right?

In other news, I've had a really tough week.  We got our Christmas tree and decorated it, but it was so hard without Minnie this year.  She was such an important member of our family, and I still miss her so so so much.  I actually cried at work a couple times.  Not tears streaming down my face, but having to escape to the break room to calm down.  I didn't realize how much people notice me, until several people, particularly managers, kept coming up to me asking what was wrong.  Although I am usually very cheery, so that was quite a contrast.  And I had a bad hair day Tuesday.

I finally felt happy on Friday though, partly because it was my first day off in awhile, which was a much needed break after three bookfairs this week with millions of children running around creating endless amounts of work and headaches for everyone.  So what did I do?  I bought Britney's album!  It's so much fun.  "Womanizer" of course is super, but "Circus" is definitely my new favorite, with "If U Seek Amy" being close too.  I was confused about what it was trying to say though, so I looked it up and discovered that the title has another meaning if you say it aloud quickly, sort of like that track from the Atonement soundtrack: "Cee, You, and Tea."

Now I need to go work on a new movie marathon that I just created for myself with the wonder that is DVR: The Shop Around the Corner, In the Good Old Summertime, and You've Got Mail.  Everyone knows that that last one is based on the first, but the middle one is the same story too, but a musical!  Therefore, the characters also work in a music store instead of a book store, but I watched a little last night, and I swear, You've Got Mail stole a scene straight from it.

1 comment:

OhMyHeart said...

mmmmmusicians (/music dept workers)

excuse me while i clean up my drool.